Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Box keel stbd side 12 oz

First layer of the 12 oz biax on the starboard side & bottom of the box keel.
Looking forward
Looking aft
Took me almost 3 hours to get the entire length of the keel done. One and a half gallons of epoxy. This stuff drinks it up! The cut end of the fabric (un-selvaged) frays like a SOB & gets wrapped up in the roller. I had to trim the glass away from the port side of the box keel where it turns up from the bottom. There's no way to get it to lay down properly, it's either one bend bridges or the other. PITA so I trimmed it up. I'll be adding another layer of 17 oz anyways.

I'll either sand the bow section forward of the bow thruster tube and get it ready for glass or glass the starboard side bottom next. Not sure which.

Standby...

No comments:

Post a Comment