Thursday, September 5, 2013

Sewing Room Rehab Part Deux

So with the fiberglass put on the keel yesterday, today's task was to start the shelves for Part 2 of the sewing room rehab. I had the lumber store cut the plywood (cheaper construction grade) I ordered to width so all I had to do was round some corners and cut the lengths I wanted before sanding the edges in prep for paint.

There'll be 5 shelves on two walls joining in the corner. The left hand side will be 16" deep shelves and the right side 12" deep shelves. Style is similar to the ones I did above the sewing table but not as fancy.

Before:
Sorta after:

I apologize for the crappy cell phone pics. Forgot to bring my GoPro camera. Hadn't seen that corner of the room in awhile!  ;-)  Found a few petrified surprises left by one of the cats!  ;-(

This afternoon I assembled the shelf brackets. They'll get a sanding before I paint them tomorrow.

Managed to get a coat of battleship grey paint on the underside of the shelves before I called it quits for the day. Tomorrow they'll get a nice color similar to the shelves above the sewing table. Standby....





No comments:

Post a Comment