Thursday, August 15, 2013

I hope I never have to do that again

Pretty much four complete days of sanding to do the sides, transom and bottom panels! Almost 300 sq ft of fiberglass. I hope for my sake I never have to do that again! But.......... you know? it's likely I will but not hard sanding like this was. Once the last layer of fiberglass is on and the fairing done a light sanding will be required prior to primer.

Port side (aka The Bowling Lane) sanded ready for fairing. Starboard side (aka The Landing Strip) is done as well. Finished that up just a few minutes ago. All in all it was a hard slog with pretty much every sander I have except the 4" grinder with the 36 grit flapper thingy! That thing scares me! ;-)

Tomorrow might be a few adjustments with the sander before I wipe it down and lay out the fabric for the keel. I think I'm going to try to do both layers at the same time. We'll see how that goes. Shower time...  Standby.....

No comments:

Post a Comment