Friday, July 26, 2013

One more down, two to go!

4 hrs. 1.75 gallons of epoxy, 9 yards of 12 oz fiberglass, one roller handle, one roller sleeve and 6 pairs of nitril gloves. Sorry no pics of the keel. I'll spare you that one. Just look back at previous posts and you'll see the keel. Looks the same just more layers on it!  :-)

I did pop the cherry on my new 6" air sander!

I couldn't wait to get another one. Took a chance on the Lowes brand (Kobalt) and based on the few reviews on their site it seemed like it would be ok. First impressions is it's very much like my old one. I'll try not to abuse this one too much!  ;-)

The next layer will cover the entire hull. I'll definitely need to find some extra hands for that one. It'll be an all day marathon. I think 4 guys and myself would be ideal. One mixing, one rolling, one squeegeeing and one runner. Anybody interested in helping out? Free Tyvel shirts & nitril gloves. Did I mention I have cold beer and Smokie Sausages?





4 comments:

  1. I would definitely help you out......if I was closer! Your doing a great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dave. I appreciate the sentiment. Are you missing the trawler life yet? I hadn't seen your new blog till today. I'll spend some time tonight looking it over. I did notice a nice puncture wound! ;-) Bugger! Take care & say Hi to Pam for me.

      Delete
  2. Wrong Dave Rick. Your thinking of Drift Away. I WISH I had a trawler!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooops! Sorry Dave.

      If you want a trawler I would normally suggest building one but you better wait to see what becomes of my project first! *hehehe*

      Delete