Monday, July 22, 2013

A good day and a sad day

Today was a productive day in the boat shed and a sad day. My poor ole' 6" RO air sander packed it in. She was a work horse and I'll miss her. Couldn't find the company online or any chance of getting repair parts. I only paid $15 for it at a flea market so it doesn't owe me anything.

I spent 9 hrs in the shed today. This morning it was sanding all the fabric edges along the keel/bottom panels to prep for fiberglass. The afternoon I spent the better part of 3 hrs putting down a layer of 12 oz 0/90 fiberglass on the keel.

Just about burned myself out running up and down the ladder for epoxy. I'll try to find some helpers for the next round which will be two layers plus the bottom panels in one shot. No way I can do that myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment