Saturday, September 8, 2012

Boy is it windy out there today!

Winds were gusting to 65 km/hr this morning. I was just about to climb back up on the boat for another session of seam sanding when a gust blew this section off the roof of the shed!

That's funny 'cause I don't remember building in a skylight! ;-) This is gonna be a PITA to fix but it's gotta be done. The inner liner of Tyvek will protect the shed from rain for awhile.

When the weather lets up I'll have to get some help and get this patched up. We've tried taping rips in the shrink wrap and they don't hold. I'm going to have to put another layer on and use some battens to hold them in place.

In hind sight the shrink wrap wasn't the best choice for a shed covering. It was the cheapest option at the time and I'm paying for that now.



2 comments:

  1. If you can tape it inside and outside with shrink wrap tape it should hold better.

    Plus put tape over the split and then another layer on each side of the first piece of tape.

    Good Luck

    Bill Kelleher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Bill

      I think we're at the point, 2 yrs now, that the shrink wrap is pretty much done. This side is the southern exposure so it takes the brunt of the sun and wind. I'll call in the troops when the winds let up and we'll likely put another complete layer on it with battens to hold it in place. The tape I had last time had no UV protection in it. This time I got the right stuff.

      Delete