Saturday, October 1, 2011

Sproing! Ah Sh*t!

There's some jobs that I've enjoyed so much I decided, well, the boat decided, I had better do again!


It went off like a shotgun! KaBoom! Scared the crap outta me. I was just getting ready to fill the last few holes before I sanded down the seams for taping. Ah Shit!


You can see where it was the glue that mostly broke and it only pulled away from the plywood in a few places. I guess that's good, the glue is doing it's job.

So from there it was back to the belt sander, grinder, jig saw and drill to get ready to strap & stitch the panels back together. Guess I'll be leaving some stitches in right to the taping to ensure this doesn't happen again. Sucks too 'cause it's getting colder and takes the epoxy forever to kick off.

Back to the drawing board. Standby....

No comments:

Post a Comment