Saturday, September 3, 2011

Yesterday was a ....

day of days. Our friends Peter & Nathalie launched their Bolger Windemere that they've been working on for 7+ years.


The final fit-out will take place while the boat is in the water in its new berth. There's still plenty of lil' details that'll make this boat truly special.


A heartfelt Congratulations Peter & Nat from Rick, Lori and the gooch squad (Shadow, Squirt, Boots, Momma & Baby).

And being inspired by all the wonderful things happening to other builders I decided it was time to get back into the shed today. I slept late but did manage to get some stuff done.

The next big task is hanging the side panels on the strongback. I was trying to get them up off the ground and they kept falling back, they're long and floppy and go where they wanna go! So I said frack this and hooked one to the winch and hoisted the bugger up and onto the strongback.


Getting these lined up and ready to be stitched is a bit of a chore. I've got some help coming tomorrow to hang the second panel which is on the far side and has to be taken outside, flipped then moved back inside and onto the forms. It'll be tight but I think 4 of us can do it.

I kinda felt like Jonah inside the whale when I took this shot.


That's it for today. It's almost 100 degs F in the shed today.


2 comments:

  1. It's really starting to look like a boat! And that Bolger is beautiful. It looks a lot like the canal boats that my ex-wife's grandfather used to build. You can still see them on the Erie and Champlain canals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Pam & Dave. It's getting there slowly. Luckily it's not a race! :-)

    I think that boat Peter build would be right at home in the canals anywhere in the world. :-) She's long (31') and narrow (9') and would putt putt along quite nicely with the 50 HP fuel injected Yamaha.

    ReplyDelete