Sunday, May 8, 2011

Watching epoxy cure

is like watching paint dry, only worse! I guess you just have to keep plugging away while the epoxy cures. It usually takes 24 hrs till you can unclamp a part and move onto the next. These next few parts will take awhile!



This is one half of the bottom panels. As drawn by the architect they're just a tad under 29' long. We'll be adding 39" to these for the hull extension we've planned. The slits in the panels are called "Kerfs". They're there to help the panel bend when it's ready to form the bow of the boat.

These panels are so big I have to do them in halves then join them up. It's going to get tight once they're both assembled. I'll have two similar side panels to do after these.

The first half of the first bottom panel got glued up today.



I got bit by a runaway tape measure. Sliced my finger to the bone. Add to that a giant sliver in the pad of my left thumb and Schmeezus that hurts! Paper towel and hockey tape make a good temp bandage. Hockey tape is almost as good as duct tape in an emergency! ;-)

Last week the stringers got glued together. Not very exciting I know. That's about it for this week.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see that I'm not the only one to be injured in the persuit of building my boat. Those tapes can be a real sod especially if they have a nick out of them.

    I'm not glad really, but you know what I mean.

    ReplyDelete