Thursday, July 23, 2015

Stringers - continued

So left off yesterday working on the stringers. Here's what I have in mind for the splice/joint.
Main joint in stringers routed out for butt block
You can see above I've routed out a good bit of material (10") for the overlapping butt block that'll get inset into the joint.
The two sections of stringer to be joined together
Because this appears to be the main splice just aft of the engine beds & where the sub bulkhead will go for the Python Drive I made the splice extra large.
Test fitting a piece of 1/2" ply to illustrate the joint
And again from the side.
Side view of the joint
In the above pic the bottom layer of wood is just a 2X8 the stringers are resting on. The void would get a butt splice same as above. I hope that illustrates it well enough. It'll all get glued & glassed once in the boat.

Port side is done. I'll do the starboard side on the weekend then tuck them away. Fiberglass supplies will be in tomorrow so I can get back to that wonderful job!

Standby...

No comments:

Post a Comment