Wednesday, September 4, 2013

I new it would.........

I knew it would take me 2 1/2 hours and it did, exactly. Approx. 1 1/2 gallons of epoxy, 12 yds of 12 oz fabric, two roller sleeves and the very last layer (Yeah!) of structural fiberglass is on the keel.

It's been awhile since I crawled up on top (well actually the bottom) of the boat and did any fiberglass work. I've got a few sore muscles to show for my labor. You can see the blue patch where I was testing filler recipes. I forgot it was there and almost slipped off the boat! Not a big fall, six feet or so, but it probably would have put an end to my goo session for the day. It wasn't the prettiest or the neatest epoxy job I've done and there's quite a few drips that'll need to be sanded down before I lay out the 10 oz satin weave fabric for the sides. That'll come tomorrow if I don't have to go into Ottawa.

Thanks for looking in and standby.....

No comments:

Post a Comment